1. What is included in our monthly school fees:
Our monthly school fees include:
2. Do I have to pay fees for the days that my child does not attend due to illness or vacation?
Yes, fees do need to be paid if a child is sick or away on vacation.
3. Are there any days throughout the year that you are closed?
We are closed on all statutory holidays and an additional 3 days at the end of December. We also close for 1 additional day / year for a staff Professional Development Day. All closure dates are shared with parents before each school year.
4. Is there a scheduled nap time for all of the age groups?
There is a scheduled rest period for all the children who attend school for the full day. We recognize that not all children are adjusted to taking naps. Under these circumstances the children can engage in quiet activities and listen to calming music while they relax.
Of course for our half day Preschool Academy and our After School academy, there is no scheduled rest period.
5. What are your child to staff ratios?
6. What are the qualifications of your teachers?
Primary teachers will have a certificate, diploma or a university degree in education or early childhood development. Teachers will also have training in infant and child first aid and CPR.
In addition to the above, all our teachers and assistant teachers have:
Options Academy also provides on going professional development for all staff.
7. What is your policy regarding sick children?
If your child is unwell, please keep him/her at home as a courtesy to the students and the teachers at the school. We do not want other students or teachers falling ill. We also do not want to disrupt the learning experience for everyone.
8. What items and supplies are we responsible to provide for our children?
The following is a list of supplies and items we ask that parents provide for their children:
Options academy will provide all other necessities such as blankets, fitted sheets, school supplies, breakfast or snack in the morning, a full nutritious lunch and a healthy snack in the afternoon.
9. Do you offer sibling discounts?
For families who have multiple children at our school, we offer a $50 / month discount for each additional child.
10. Can I come in to see the school?
Of course, we would love to meet you and take you through a tour of the school. You can call us to schedule an appointment or email email@example.com.
We look forward to meeting you and answering any questions you may have.
11. Can I withdraw my child for the summer months and resume with the school again in September?
Unfortunately, if you choose to pull your child out of our school for a period of time, Options Academy will not be able to hold your spot. This space will become available to other children on the wait list. However you are welcome to give us a call one or two weeks before you are ready to re-register into our school and we will try to accommodate you to the best of our ability.
While our School will not be offering a formal academic curriculum over the summer months, we will be offering a number of exciting weekly camps. Camp schedules will be released on or before April 1st of each year.
12. How do you keep the children safe and secure?
There are multiple policies and procedures in place to ensure the safety and security of each child.